This course satisfies the NAR Triennial Code of Ethics training requirement. REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time within a three-year cycle. The current three-year cycle will end Dec. 31, 2021.
In day-to-day practice of real estate, REALTORS® are required to make decisions that involve ethical reasoning. This course provides a foundation of ethical principles and behavior upon which a better understanding of the NAR Code of Ethics can be understood and woven into daily business practices. Case studies will be used to review real transactions. Through class discussion, you will determine whether the actions were appropriate and best ways to prevent the situation where there is a violation.
- Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Location: Virtual via Zoom
- Instructor: Joi Bostic
- Time: 8:30 am - 11:30 pm
- Member Price: Free with $25 Deposit
- Non-Member Price: $45
Virtual Participation Requirements
- Your device must have a video webcam, microphone, and speakers. Students are required to enable video so that we can monitor attendance.
- Students are expected to attend the entire class session - except during the 15-minute break - just as if they were sitting in a classroom.
- After the class, you will be emailed an electronic affidavit and an electronic class evaluation. To receive CE credit, you must complete both.
About the Instructor
Since Joi Bostic was a little girl, everyone around her would probably say that she would grow up to teach others. Although she would hold classes with her stuffed animals, she resisted and protested against a career as a teacher. Her formal education had her on track to enter corporate America in the area of marketing management. However, after college, Joi finally followed her “true calling” and entered the classroom in 1988. Since then she has taught college credit courses, traveled the country delivering workshops and seminars and designed hundreds of courses and workshops.
Joi holds a Pre-License Instructor and Broker license. She is a GAR-PIE Approved Instructor as well as a Certified Instructor of NAR Designation Courses.
3 Hours of CE Credit Certified by...
GAR Partners In Education