The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the nation's largest, most successful, and most bipartisan political action committee. Your voluntary investment is used to improve your bottom line in several ways: Through issues mobilization, political advocacy, and by directly supporting candidates at the local, state, and federal levels of government who champion the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. RPAC is your best investment in real estate!
What's in it for you?
RPAC provides you with the opportunity to have a collective impact on the election of officials who will shape legislation that affects your livelihood and the way real estate professionals do business.
Where does your RPAC investment go?
One hundred percent of your investment is used to help elect candidates for public office that share the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. Seventy percent of your RPAC investment is used in state and local elections. The remaining 30 percent is used by National RPAC in key U.S. House and Senate races across the country. RPAC is neither a Republican nor a Democratic organization. In fact, RPAC is the most bipartisan political action committee in the nation.
How does your RPAC investment pay off?
Your RPAC investment pays off with every political victory:
- Preserving the property tax deduction, preventing affected home values from falling 7% which could have been a reduction in income of $2,500 per REALTOR®.
- Preserving the Mortgage Interest Deduction (MID) in 2017 saved real estate and related industries more than $24,000 per home sale.
- Member benefit from preserving MID, $8,800 per member for a full cut or $4,200 per member for a partial cut.
- According to HUD’s own estimates, the reduction in FHA premiums by one-half of one percent for new borrowers will lead to 250,000 additional home sales over three years. Over the three year timeframe, the typical REALTOR® would see an increase in income of $2,000, or slightly less than $700 each year.
- Blocking a 6% state tax on real estate commissions saved the average member $2,100 every year.
- Preventing cities and counties in Georgia from charging individual agents a business license fee saves you more than $200 per jurisdiction in which you do business each year.
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. Contributions to RPAC are voluntary and are used for political purposes. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal and the National Association of REALTORS®, the Georgia Association of REALTORS®, or the Pickens County Board of REALTORS® will not favor or disfavor any member because of the amount contributed. 70% of each contribution is used by GARPAC to support state and local candidates. Until GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, 30% is sent to National RPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 2 U.S.C. 441a; after GARPAC reaches its RPAC goal, it may elect to retain your entire contribution for use in supporting state and local candidates.